I never cook this before, now I tried anyway, was not that bad as I expected. Today is my hubby’s birthday and he’s the one who inspired me to try this dish.
“Marami ang nagtatanong sa akin kung ano daw ang tawag sa english ng PUSO ng SAGING, I said BANANA HEART – o di ba ang dali”… Banana blossom.
* 1 kilo beef meat (you can add the one with bones also gives more taste)
* 1 small whole Banana heart
* 1 can Coconut Milk
* 1/2 cup of Vinegar
* 4 cloves crushed Garlic (I used whole garlic)
* 1 red Onion
* a Thumb-sized Ginger
* Fish Sauce (Patis) to taste or Salt
* some chili (optional if you want it hot, I used peperoni as you could see on photo)
* some water or soup stock for cooking
Down here I added photos how I arranged it in a pot.
*** First Red Onion, Ginger, Garlic and Peperoni.
*** Then Beef meat.
*** On top the Banana heart or “Puso ng Saging” Then add some water or soup stock , cover and cook.
In a pot put all ingredienst together and bring to boil, once it boils lower the heat and simmer until meat is tender. Season with fish sauce or salt. It’s up to you according to your preference. Thats it, GUTTEN APPETIT!
Please check these out too: Thank you so much.