PORK LIVER with POTATOES
Liver can be baked, boiled, broiled, fried, stir-fried, or eaten raw. I used to hate liver when I was a child, but my parents insisted for me to eat it because they said it’s rich in Iron. So, in order for them to make me eat liver, they made it taste like Bistek, local version of Beef Steak in the Philippines. They were successful. Now I understand why my daughter hated it also. Every time I cooked something with liver at home for sure it’s only for both of us, hubby and I.
200 g Pork Liver, sliced thinly
2 pieces medium-sized Potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 Red Onion rings
1 Lemon for Lemon juice
4 tbsps. Soy sauce
2 tbsps. vegetable oil or olive oil
Salt and Pepper
PORK LIVER ADOBO with RADISH
The simplicity of the Filipino Sauté. Many Filipino dishes start off with a basic “Guisa” a stir-fried base of aromatics that provides a foundation of flavor that compliments a wide range of ingredients, from seafood to meat and poultry, to vegetables.
* 300 g Pork Liver, thinly sliced
* 1 bunch of Scallions, cut into rings, separate the white part
* 1 pc. Tomato, sliced
* 2 cloves Garlic, crushed and peeled
* 2 pieces. Laurel
* 1 medium-sized White Radish, thinly sliced
* 3 tbsps. Olive oil
* 1 tbsp. Vinegar
* some fresh Ground Pepper
* 2 to 3 tbsps. Soy sauce
* some Salt if necessary
SPICY CHICKEN LIVER
My two kids doesn’t eat Livers of any kind! I love chicken livers when prepared in a savory dish. This is the way I prepare them and I hope you will try them this way. My picture is about 5 minutes after cooking.
* 500 g or package of fresh chicken livers
* 2 tbsps. or small pat of butter
* 3 tbsps. olive oil (twice around the frypan)
* 1 large sweet onion sliced
* 3 large tomatoes, roughly sliced
* 1 tbsp. reg flour
* salt to taste
* pepper to taste
* 1 tsp. curry powder
* garlic powder or fresh ones
* 1/2 tsp. Tabasco
* 1/2 to1 tsp. Chili paste in glass
* 4 tbsps. heavy cream
* 1 to 2 tsp. Annatto powder
* few drops of water
BEEF LIVER WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR
Liver is not for everyone’s taste, but this beef liver recipe is an unusual and enjoyable version. The Traditional Balsamic Vinegar adds a deep sweet aroma to the dish.
This method of preparation eliminates the things that I find put me off about liver. I love beef liver than pork. Even though my 2 kids doesn’t like it, I used to cook it once a month for my hubby and for myself only.
* 250 g Beef Liver
* 2 to 4 tbsps. Balsamic Vinegar, depends upon your preference (sourness)
* 1 whole Garlic, peeled and chopped
* 1 big Onion, peeled and sliced
* some Vegetable oil, about 3 tbsps.
* 1 Beef broth cube
CHICKEN LIVER WITH APPLES
Remembering tante (aunt) Mitzi, my mother here in Vienna. She used to cook this dish for me during Sundays for my lunch. She knows that I love chicken livers very much with mash potatoes. But for my hubby he would prefer with rice of course.
* 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
* 1 red Onion, sliced
* 300 g chicken livers
* 1tbsp Rice flour
* Salt and Pepper
* 1 large apple, peeled and sliced (I used Granny Smith)
* 100ml Chicken broth or Water