OH My GULAY with BABY BACK RIBS
This is my own creation and purely experiment, BULANGLANG STYLE WITH BABY BACK RIBS and SQUASH FLOWERS!
* some Okra, Eggplant, and Miracle vegetables (Bunga ng Malunggay)
* some Squash flowers
* 300 g Wide Green Beans
* 300 g Baby back ribs, boiled
* 3 pcs. Taro
* 1 red or white Onion
* 1 to 2 pcs. Tomatoes
* a thumb-sized Ginger
* for seasoning Anchovy Sauce
* some vegetable oil
* 1 Maggi cube to add more flavour
MIRACLE VEGETABLE (bunga ng malunggay)
“MALUNGGAY” is “MORINGA OLEIFERA LAMK” a tree with edible leaves and fruits. Very intriguing isn’t it?
* 1 kg bunga ng malunggay
* 200 g pork meat (belly)
* 2 pcs. tomatoes
* 1 onion
* a thumb-sized ginger
* some vegetable oil
* fish sauce for seasoning (“patis”)
PINAKBET (without meat)
Ironically, I love the “ILOCANO” classic dish called “PINAKBET” not for the “bagoong” flavored sauce, but because of the wonderful mixtures of vegetables. When I learned to cook, I would make pinakbet of different vegetables including “sigarilyas” (wing bean).
* 1/8 squash
* some wing bean (sigarilyas)
* some small eggplant or large
* 6 pcs. chillis, not hot
* 1/2 or 1 onion, sliced thinly
* some okra (about 5 to 8 pcs.)
* 4 cloves grlic, minced
* some bitter melon/gourd
* 1 tbsp. ginger
* 200 g shrimps
* 1 bunch string bean (sitaw)
* 3 tbsps. canola oil
* 2 pcs. tomatoes or 1tbsp. tomatoe paste
* Anchovy sauce (bagoong isda)
PUMPKIN CREAM SOUP
PUMPKIN CREAM SOUP A wonderful creamy creation of mine which has a mild aromatic flavor. Your family and your guests will love this creamy soup with a few drops of pumpkin seeds oil
* 1/4 head of Pumpkin or 1 kg, peeled
* 250 ml heavy cream or 1 cup
* 1 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg Powder
* 2 tsps. Salt
* 1 Liter Chicken soup stock
* 1 tbsp. Pumpkin seeds oil
* 1/2 Chicken broth cube
SESBAN FLOWER (ensaladang bulaklak ng katuray)
Whenever I fried pork meat, kailangan palaging may partner na ensaladang gulay!
My family are used to this the way I prepare it. Kaya pag napunta sa ibang bahay at ganito ang ulam, then walang ensaladang gulay……………….lumalabas ang KATAGANG……….”MOMMY KNOWS BEST!”
Yes folks…….that’s my FAMILY!
Sesbania grandiflora (also known as “bulaklak ng katuray”) or hummingbird tree/scarlet wisteria is a small tree in the genus Sesbania. The flowers of S. grandiflora are eaten as a vegetable in Southeast Asia, like Laos, Thailand, Java in Indonesia, Vietnam, and the…….Ilocos Region of the Philippines.
* 500 g sesban flower (bulaklak ng katuray)
* 8 pcs. shallot (sibuyas tagalog or lasona)
* 4 pcs. tomatoes
* 4 tbsps.anchovy sauce (bagoong isda)
* 1 tbsp. olive oil
* 1 tbsp. vinegar
WATER SPINACH (kangkong adobo)
I don’t know why kangkong (water spinach) is so good with adobo; it just is. I’ve tried it with some pork because otherwise my 2 kids will not eat.
It is most commonly grown in East and Southeast Asia.
Ipomoea aquatica or KANGKONG is a semi-aquatic tropical plant grown as a leaf vegetable. Its precise natural distribution is unknown due to extensive cultivation, with the species found throughout the tropical and subtropical regions of the world.
* 2 bunches water spinach (kangkong)
* 5 cloves garlic
* 100 g pork meat (belly)
* 1/2 red or white onion sliced
* 3 tbsps. Toyomansi
* 3 tbsps. vegetable oil
FILO MIX VEGETABLES!
For the so called-Balanced Diet, I cooked this to get some vegetables!
With Sesban flower (Bulaklak ng katuray) and Vine spinach (Alugbati).
FOR BULAKLAK NG KATURAY:
* Bulaklak ng Katuray (Sesban flower)
* some Water
* some Tomatoes
* some Ginger
* some Onion
* Anchovy Sauce
* 1 tsp. Vinegar
FOR STIR-FRY MIX VEGETABLES:
* some Eggplant small ones
* some Okra
* 1 bunch String bean (sitaw)
* 1 Onion
* 2 Tomatoes
* a thumb-size Ginger, sliced
* some Vine Spinach (Alugbati)
* Mamita powder Seasoning or Knorr or Maggi broth cube
* about 250 g Shrimps, peeled and cleaned
* 1 tbsp. Anchovy Sauce